Sunday, March 29, 2015

A new life


A new life
 
I don't know where to begin...
 
Have you ever had a moment where you stop and realize that you've made poor choices in your life and it's time to make things right, mend your mistakes, soothe your soul and make lifetime changes?
 
I've had that moment and I've realized that I don't like the person I am.  I don't like how I've hurt the people I love, how badly I've made mistakes that have drastically impacted my life and my marriage. 
 
How do I make amends?  How do I live with myself?  How do I make it right?  How do I prove myself worthy? 
 
Well, my friends, the answer lies in each of us.  We all have that power to make things right.  I don't care what position you have in life, you are not perfect and neither am I.  You might not have made life changing mistakes, but I guarantee you've made mistakes. 
 
We each have the power to overcome challenges, make things right to those we have wronged.  How do you live with the shame?  Well, you sweep away your ashes you've left behind and ignite that fire again.
 
You have the will power to do anything if you make the decision to do the right things.  What are the right things?  For each person they are different.  Mine are different than yours.  Yours are different than your friend.  You know what your principles are, what you believe in.  You know when you have stepped over the line. 
 
So, I challenge you to light your fire, keep the flame glowing and start your life anew this Easter week.  Easter represents a lot of things, but in general it represents a rebirth, a renewed spirit.  A new beginning.  So, take this opportunity as I am and start anew.
 
I don't consider the New Year a new beginning.  I consider Easter more of a time for a new beginning.  We celebrate the crucifixion of Jesus and loudly rejoice in His risen self.  He died for our sins, each and every one of you.  He died to make things new for us.  We have this chance, we have this power and we have this remarkable gift to use each and every time we fall down.
 
You, my mysterious friend, have my love and my support.  I pray your life will be as you set it out to be.  Your mistakes forgiven, and your ability to start anew.  I have faith in you!
 
I am Debbie and I was here...


No comments:

Post a Comment