Thursday, March 5, 2015

I am WOMAN!

 
 
I am WOMAN!
 
 
I loved this so much off of facebook that I thought I would write a post about it.
 
  1. I am strong - I know all of my weaknesses and I try to correct them as quickly as I can.  I am trying hard not to make the same mistakes over and over again.
  2. I am compassionate - Compassion come from suffering, so true.  In order to be compassionate you must have gone through some pretty horrible stuff.  I know I did and I'm a very compassionate person.
  3. I am alive - Because I am a fighter!  I'll never stop fighting for things I believe in and things I love.  I'll never give up on love ones again and I will always fight for what's right!
  4. I am wise - In order to be wise, you have to have done some pretty foolish mistakes.  Some of those mistakes might have been big ones, or maybe small ones. Nevertheless, through your foolish errors, you become very wise, because you've experienced many things and done many things.  Some foolish and other not so foolish.
  5. I can laugh - Because I've known sadness. Oh, I love this one as it pertains to me so much it's scary.  It seems my life has been all about sadness, but I'm still laughing away.  They key to the sadness is to let it go.  It's in the past, let it stay there.  Once you can do that, you can laugh!
  6. I can love - Because I've known loss.  WOW, this one is a whopper (no not a hamburger).  Loss is a mighty force to be reckoned with.  You can't understand the pure power of Love until you have lost something so dear to you it breaks your heart into.  It doesn't necessarily have to be someone, it could be something or some incident out of your control.  For me, my loss has been great.  The loss of my Daddy and the loss of my youngest daughter.  I've lost in a deeply hurtful divorce.  I've lost when I've lost jobs.  I've lost when I've miscarried.  I think you get the idea.  Going through such tragedy gives us the ability to see love just by going through these type and other trials.  We have to know pain, before we can know joy!
  7. I am a strong woman - YES, I AM!  I'm strong because of all the reason mentioned above.  Life has an amazing capacity of teaching lessons without us know about it.  We may think that miscarrying a child is so deeply gut wrenching, but it's life teaching us about suffering, pain, rage, despair, loss of hope for starting over, and loss.  I have weathered the storms of life and I LOVE TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!  I can't tell you enough how much I love the rain.  Rain makes me homesick for my beloved Portland, OR home, where I lived 37 years and raised my 3 wonderful children.  I miss the rain, miss the smell, miss the freshness in it, miss the cleanliness it brings to the earth (not to mention the cars), and the plain fact that it's nature's way of watering the animals and plant life.  Yes, rain to some is horrible and depressing. For me it makes me alive!
 
I am Debbie and I was here...
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment